Roc Nation in partnership with Netflix has shared for our pleasure the soundtrack to the new movie ‘The Harder They Fall’ which stars Regina King and Idris Elba and many others. The soundtrack features a wide range of artists including Barrington Levy, Kid Cudi, Koffee, Ms Lauryn Hill, Jadakiss, Seal and more!
Jeymes Samuel, a British singer-songwriter, is making his first film as an executive director. Also known by his stage name, The Bullitts, he supervised the music for ‘The Great Gatsby’ in 2013. He wrote and produced most of the songs that appear in the movie, some of which are part of the background soundtrack and others are sung by the cast. He also appears on the project with his own song ‘No Turning Around’. As well as featuring in some of the songs, Jay Z serves as an executive producer of the film too!
In terms of hip hop and reggae, don’t miss the following songs –
King Kong Riddim – JAY-Z, Jadakiss & Conway The Machine ft. BackRoad Gee
Barrington Levy – Here I Come (JEYMES SAMUEL REMIX)
Each song is perfectly thought to immerse the viewer in the moment. The result is spectacular, and it’s easy to feel the violence and threat laying under the whole film. While Zazie Beetz goes into the lion’s den, she is supported by Fatoumata Diawara and Lauryn Hill’s voices singing ‘Black Woman’.
Speaking on the soundtrack Samuels said: “I’m honored to have collaborated with such a diverse and talented array of artists to bring this film’s soundtrack to life,” said Samuel. “My vision was to create a versatile body of work that blends genres and eras in an innovative way. I hope that, through our collaborative work, fans will be able to really immerse themselves in the stories we’re trying to tell.”
Even if sometimes more dialogue would have been great to allow the scene to breathe, ‘The Harder They Fall’ soundtrack is the result of a collaborative effort between a panel of talented artists. The result is undoubtedly epic and it is with no surprise that you will find yourself revisiting the film’s music.
The soundtrack is now available to purchase and stream on all major music platforms, including Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, and more. You can find out more about where to listen to the album here, and find The Harder They Fall soundtrack tracklist below.
THE HARDER THEY FALL SOUNDTRACK TRACKLIST:
- “Lightnin’ With The Blam Blams (Skit)” by Edi Gathegi & R.J. Cyler
- “The Harder They Fall” by Koffee
- “Guns Go Bang” Kid Cudi & Jay-Z
- “Better Than Gold” by Barrington Levy
- “Black Woman” by Fatoumata Diawara & Ms. Lauryn Hill
- “Wednesday’s Child” by Alice Smith
- “Blackskin Mile” by CeeLo Green
- “Ain’t No Better” Love by Seal
- “We Ain’t No Nincompoop (Skit)” by LaKeith Stanfield & Regina King
- “King Kong Riddim [feat. BackRoad Gee]” by JAY-Z, Jadakiss, & Conway The Machine
- “We Go Harder” by Laura Mvula & Mayra Andrade
- “Is The Devil Dead? (Skit)” by Zazie Beetz & Jonathan Majors
- “No Turning Around” by Jeymes Samuel
- “Three And Thirty Years” by Pretty Yende