This coming Sunday, November 15th ,will see the one-of-a-kind ‘No Bass Like Home’ online festival; a seven-hour virtual festival celebrating reggae culture, curated by the one and only Seani B. The event, celebrates Brent’s rich Reggae heritage and is presented by Brent 2020, the London Borough of Culture.
It will feature live performances from some of the scenes biggest stars from London, Jamaica and Florida including the likes of…
- Reggae royalty Julian Marley
- Horace Andy, one of Jamaica’s most distinguished and beloved vocalists, who was signed to Trojan Records and collaborated with Massive Attack on all five of their studio albums.
- Janet Kay, the first Black British female reggae star to scale the charts
- ‘Mr Incredible’ veteran MC General Levy
- Girls I Rate (Hitmakers & platform empowering women) will be presenting Alicai Harley (a fast rising beat-heavy dancehall infused pop artist)
- NW London’s Dancehall rap artist and DJ Big Zeeks, dubbed “The Fresh Prince of Harlesden”
- and more!
Curator Seani B says; “The culture and vibe that Brent has brought me over the years has helped nurture my path and influence my career to date. The energy at the legendary Brent Black Music Co-op has been reminiscent of the sessions I do back in Jamaica for BBC Radio 1Xtra. It’s never been more important to celebrate what’s on your doorstep, and I’m proud we’ve been able to capture artists that are admired and respected in the reggae community.”